Information and Assistance

Santa Cruz County’s official Information and Assistance (I&A) provider linking seniors and people with disabilities with services throughout the community. Specialists are available to discuss and coordinate resources and provide benefits counseling.

Call: 831-462-1433


Medicare Counseling (HICAP)

The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) provides free and unbiased Medicare counseling and advocacy for seniors of Santa Cruz and San Benito counties.

To Register for Medicare 101 classes see: Medicare101

Call – Santa Cruz 831-462-5510, San Benito 831-637-0630

Email –


Senior Housing

The Senior Housing Division assists seniors to remain in their homes through three programs.

  • Housing Navigation Services (HNS) include assistance with online research, applications and the coordination of services.
  • Through the Shared Housing Program (SHP) seniors in need of a housemate are matched with vetted individuals that can assist with non-medical housing and companionship needs.

Call: 831-462-6788


  • The Home Help Program (HHP) pairs seniors in need of home maintenance and upkeep with vetted providers.

Call: 831-462-4734



The “Family Caregiver Support Program” (FCSP) has two programs that assist care providers and individuals seeking non-medical respite services.

  • The Family Caregiver Grant (FCG) provides grants, along with information and assistance, to informal (unpaid) family caregivers to support and stabilize the caregiving relationship.
  • Respite Registry Services (RRS) matches seniors with vetted companionship and domestic care providers while providing caregivers with a break.

Call:  831-462-4734


Case Management

Through the identification and assessment of social, financial and safety needs Case Managers link clients to services and resources to help them remain living independently and provide sustained and ongoing support.

Call: 831-462-1434


Money Management

A client fee program, Money Management pairs a seasoned social worker with seniors or people with disabilities to assist in tracking personal finances.

Call: 831-462-6788